What Information Is Collected?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites: non-personally identifiable information and personally identifiable information. Non-personally identifiable information does not individually identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your general location, demographics, use of the Sites and the Internet. Personally identifiable information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, your name, address, phone number, and email address, or non-personally identifiable information that has been linked to such personally identifiable information. Personally Identifiable Information As a general matter, you can browse the Sites without submitting your personally identifiable information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us with your personally identifiable information, including when you subscribe to our publications, newsletters, and other content; register for a Site or any part thereof; complete a poll or participate in market research; enter a contest; upload content; or when you seek employment at Savumin. Non-Personally Identifiable Information When you interact with the Sites, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually (“non-personally identifiable information” or “non-PII”), such as demographic data; information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Sites, including IP address, general location information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information. We may also collect information about your use of the Sites, including your search terms and search results, and additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses. Our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Sites. In addition to non-identifiable individual information, we may collect aggregate data regarding the use of the Sites. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information From or Through Social Media Sites In addition, when you interact with any Savumin property page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or LinkedIn, we may collect the personally identifiable information that you make available to us on that page or account including your social media account ID. However, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personally identifiable information that we are permitted to collect by those social media platforms. If you choose to link or login to your Savumin account with or through a social networking service, Savumin and that service may share certain information about you and your activities. With your consent, we also may share information about your activities, including what you view on the Sites, with that social network’s users. Collection of Your Source IP Address/Location Information We collect and store your device’s source IP address which may disclose the general location of your device at the time you access the Sites. Advertisements and certain content may be directed to you as a result of this data. Information From Other Sources: We may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties or collected offline and add it to your account information. This information may include, but is not limited to, demographic information, additional contact information, group affiliations, occupational information, and educational background. How Do We Use Your Information? We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Sites, including to:
- Provide you with the content, products and services you request
- Post your user generated content to our Sites as you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features and enhancements on or to our Sites
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Communicate with you about your comment to a story or topic
- Personalize content and experiences on our Sites, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences
- Send you newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by e-mail, text, or other another medium
- Provide you with advertising including advertising based on your activity on our Sites or activity on third party sites and applications
- Administer our loyalty programs
- Administer contests, giveaways, promotions, and polls
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Sites and their purchasing patterns
We may use the information from one portion of the Sites on other portions of Sites in our network of Sites, all of which are owned and operated by Savumin, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Sites into a single user record. We also may use or combine information that we collect offline or we collect or receive from third-party sources for many reasons, including to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of our records. Additionally, data collected from a particular browser or device may be used with another computer or device that is linked to the browser or device on which such data was collected.
Who Can See Your Information?
GDPR Compliance for European Territories
In compliance with European privacy laws, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Savumin provides specific additional rights for citizens of the European Territories such as the right to access, rectification, right to object, to complaint, erasure outband blockage. More specifically:
- The right to request information about whether and which personal data is processed by us, and the right to demand that personal data is rectified or amended.
- Under certain circumstances, the right to request that personal data should be deleted.
- Under certain circumstances, the right to demand that the processing of personal data should be restricted.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
- Have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
- Contact our data protection officer if there are any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data.
- The right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority if believed that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
Other Important Information